Frequently Asked Questions
- Where are the apartments located?
- What sort of facilities can we expect?
- How often is maid service provided, and how often is the linen changed?
- How do I reserve an apartment & when is my booking confirmed?
- How and where can I collect my keys?
- Where can keys be left on departure?
- Why do I need to pay a deposit?
- What are your telephone charges and are incoming calls charged?
- How do I pay, and when do I pay?
- What additional charges will I have to pay?
- If I want to extend my stay, how can I do it?
- Can I view an apartment prior to booking?
- What is the Globe Cancellation Policy?
- How many people can stay in an apartment?
- Can pets stay in the apartments?
- Where is my nearest Tube Station?
- What happens if I experience an emergency outside of office hours?
Where are the apartments located?
All apartments are located in the West End of Central London, around Bond Street, Marylebone and Fitzrovia, with additional accomodation available in Camden.
What sort of facilities can we expect?
All apartments have their own living space, sleeping area, kitchen and bathroom. They are ready to be occupied immediately, with fresh linen and towels, and kitchens that are equipped with a range of utensils, crockery, cutlery and appliances.
How often is maid service provided, and how often is the linen changed?
After the first week, servicing is provided on a weekly basis with a full change of linen and towels. Additional servicing can be arranged at an extra charge, details and prices can be found in additional services and charges.
How do I reserve an apartment & when is my booking confirmed?
Once a chosen apartment has been confirmed as available, you will get a ‘Confirmation of Reservation’ form, either by fax or e-mail. It will set out the payment due for the reserved period for your selected apartment.
On receipt of this, part payment will be required, with full payment to be made no later than 14 days before arrival. If your reservation is immediate, payment will be required on receipt of Globe's ‘Confirmation of Reservation’. Exact apartment information is allocated the week of arrival.
How and where can I collect my keys?
Between 9am and 5.30pm Monday to Friday keys can be collected from our offices in Chiltern Street, W1U 6LU. Out of office hours, we can provide allocated key collection points, and a chauffeur collection service can also be arranged at an extra charge.
Where can keys be left on departure?
When vacating the property keys can be left in the apartment, making sure the door is securely shut behind.
Why do I need to pay a deposit?
A deposit is required to reserve the booking and is refunded normally about 2 weeks after departure. Globe will deduct any telephone charges and costs of any damages incurred during your stay, excluding the first £5.00 of free calls.
What are your telephone charges and are incoming calls charged?
Each telephone call will be charged by Globe Apartments at a rate in strict accordance with the Globe Telephone Tariff. The first £5.00 inc. VAT of all calls made are free of charge. All weekend (Friday midnight to Sunday midnight) local rate calls (020 prefix telephone numbers) are free of charge, subject to a maximum 60 minute call time. Incoming calls are not charged.
How do I pay, and when do I pay?
Full payment must be made no later than 14 days prior to arrival. We accept all major credit cards or bank transfers (bank details available on request).
What additional charges will I have to pay?
Additional charges are made for extra telephone calls and for any extra services ordered in addition to those provided within the Globe Hospitality/Services Package. VAT is chargeable at the prevailing UK rate, currently 20%.
If I want to extend my stay, how can I do it?
Globe's reservations team will check availability and an extension subject to availability on the required dates. If the apartment is unavailable, Globe will make every effort to offer an alternative. When booking, if there is the possibility of extending, please let Globe know so that it can be taken into account.
Can I view an apartment prior to booking?
If you would like to view the apartments prior to booking please let Globe know, and we will do our best to arrange this at a convenient time.
What is the Globe Cancellation Policy?
All cancellations must be made in writing to Globe.
- Where the full payment has not yet been made, the holding deposit will be retained.
- Where full payment has been received (14 days before arrival) Globe will refund the holding deposit in full
- The rent for the reserved period will be refunded to the Occupant, less Globe’s reasonable costs or charges considered fair and reasonable (on a pro-rata basis), for all or any part of the reservation period that the apartment is re-sold. In the event of a dispute, Globe’s decision will be final.
- Once a reservation has been paid for the Occupant is committed to the dates agreed upon. As a result any alteration to the dates reserved will depend on availability and a rent refund for the reserved period will be dependent on Globe’s ability to re-sell the apartment booked.
How many people can stay in an apartment?
To provide maximum comfort Globe has set the following limits:
- Studio apartment: 2 people
- 1 bedroom apartment: 2 people
- 2 bedroom apartment: 4 people
- 3 bedroom apartment: 6 people
Most apartments (excluding studios) will accommodate an extra person. Information about additional charges is available in Additional Services and Charges.
Can pets stay in the apartments?
Unfortunately no pets are allowed.
Where is my nearest Tube Station?
Wherever you are staying, no matter what apartment you are allocated to you will always be within a 5 minute walking distance of at least one tube station.
Check-in time is 15:00 and check-out time is 11:00. Subject to availability and with previous notice Globe can arrange an earlier check-in or check-out time. Additional charges may apply so check this with Globe.
What happens if I experience an emergency outside of office hours?
In the event of any property maintenance requirements outside of normal office hours, Globe have a 24 hour emergency service. By dialling the office number as usual and selecting option 1 you will be put through to a system where you can leave a detailed message and a contact telephone number and someone from Globe will call you back.